Simple Chicken and vegetable soup cooking recipes that you can practice yourself at home, make the family happy with the recipe of the Chicken and vegetable soup cuisine.
This tasty chicken soup is also full of healthy vegetables. Save money by making your own stock!
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable soup
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 dried bouquet garni (see note)
- 700g desiree potatoes, peeled, diced
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable soup
- Rinse chicken under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place in a large saucepan. Add onion, carrot, celery, peppercorns and bouquet garni. Cover with cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, skimming surface occasionally, for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken. Transfer to a plate. Line a fine sieve with muslin cloth. Strain broth over a large heatproof bowl. Discard peppercorns and bouquet garni. Return vegetables and broth to pan. Bring to the boil. Add potato. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes, skimming fat, or until potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, remove skin and bones from chicken. Shred meat. Add meat and corn to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable soupcalories: 268.875 calories
fatContent: 7.1 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 22.4 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 25.3 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 82 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 240 milligrams sodium