Simple Speck and split pea soup cooking recipes that you can practice yourself at home, make the family happy with the recipe of the Speck and split pea soup cuisine.
This delicious speck and split pea soup has been designed to be cooked in a slow cooker, although instructions are also given for cooking in the oven or stove top.
The ingredient of Speck and split pea soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 650g piece smoked speck (see note)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup dried yellow split peas
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves
- crusty bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Speck and split pea soup
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until tender. Spoon into slow cooker.
- Remove rind from speck and discard. Cut speck into 2cm pieces and add to vegetables. Add tomatoes, stock, peas and 2 tablespoons thyme to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until peas are very tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining thyme and serve with crusty bread rolls.
Nutritions of Speck and split pea soupcalories: 419.923 calories
fatContent: 31 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 4 grams sugar
proteinContent: 22 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 65 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 2656.38 milligrams sodium